Hard Disk 1 Quick 303 and Full 305 errors are diagnostic error codes. These errors are specific error messages indicating the hard drive has failed or is dead and needs to be replaced immediately. Often, computer users encounter this error and don't know what to do with it. This article will provide a repair method that you can try to solve this problem.
Fix Hard Disk 1 Quick 303 and Full 305 Errors
There are several ways to fix Hard drive problems. I am sure that the options below will be sufficient to solve your problem. So make sure to read carefully and follow the instructions below step by step.
1. Creating a Recovery Drive
This is why it is important to create a recovery drive in your Windows. When any problem is related to your PC, then the recovery drive is the perfect savior.
Before you click the link I provided to start the steps to create a recovery drive, make sure you have prepared an empty USB drive of at least 16 GB in size. This process will delete all data stored on the USB drive. So move your data from there before using it.
2. Backup Data from an Error Hard Disk
The system almost certainly can't boot when the hard drive fails with an error Hard disk 1 quick 303 or Full 305. The question now is, how can you back up the data on the damaged hard drive? This is how you do it.
Use File History to back up to an external drive or network location.
- Open Settings by pressing Win key + I and select Update & Security.
- Select backup in the left pane, then click Add a drive and select an external drive or network location for your backup.
If you've done that and you've lost an important file or folder that you backed up, here's how to get it back.
- In the Search box on the taskbar, type restore files and select Restore your files with File History.
- Search and find the File you need, then use the arrows to see all the versions.
- When you find the version you want, select Restore to save it in its original location. To save it somewhere else, right-click on Restore, select Restore, and set a new location.
Tip: If you use Backup and Restore to back up files or create a system image backup in previous versions of Windows, your old backups are still available in Windows 10. Follow the article included above.
3. Recover Data from Recovery Disk
To recover your data from an external disk via the command prompt, you can use the attrib command. It supports Windows drives, external HDDs, USB, SD cards, and other external storage media.
Note: Be careful when you use the commands described below. Minor typos can cause serious problems. So it's best to use the copy/paste option to avoid typos.
Here are the steps to recover files from an external drive using the command prompt.
- Attach external storage media to your system.
- Open Command Prompt with admin rights. In Search Windows, you can search for it and select Run as Administrator or open it by pressing Win + R, then type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- In the command prompt window, enter the following command below and press Enter.
attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*"
Replace the drive letter with the drive letter for your external drive. After changing, the command will look like the example below.
attrib -h -r -s /s /d H:\*.*"
You may also decide to use the alternative method below.
- Open a command prompt with admin rights as above, then enter the command below and press Enter. Do not forget to change the drive letter is the letter of the drive you want to recover.
chkdsk drive letter/f
- Then press Y until the command line restarts.
- Again, enter the drive letter you want to recover and press Enter. The command line will return to the beginning.
- Then enter the following command below and press Enter. Replace the drive letter with your external drive letter.
[drive letter : \ >attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.*]
- After completing the recovery process, you can create a new folder with all the recovered files on the external drive.
- The File may be in .chk format. Change the file extensions and choose the preferred extension for each File.
Some of you may not want to go through this process when hard disk error 1 quick 303 and full 305. In this case, professional and reliable data recovery software will help.
Whenever Windows gives you Hard disk 1 quick 303 or full 305 error, try to fix it by following the fixes mentioned in this article.
That's it for this article. I hope the above method helps you. Don't forget to leave your comments below to share your experiences in following this tutorial. Thank you.