Your iPhone can be a very sensitive data warehouse. Because of this, your photos and videos may not be for everyone, and you may want to hide them. Luckily for us, this option is already available on iOS (and iPadOS). Here's how you can hide photos and videos on iOS.
1. Hide Photos and Videos Through Photos. App
The first option is to use the Photos app to hide photos and videos one by one. This is a high-speed method and lets you hide, show and view hidden items easily. However, it's not the most secure, as anyone with access to your iPhone can still view those photos and videos (after a bit of tinkering). Nonetheless, it will meet the needs of many. You can hide any photo and video in the Photos app using the Share Sheet.
- Open the Photos app, then select the photo or video you want to hide. You can do this by tapping Select in the top-right corner, then tapping the number of photos or videos you want to hide.
- Click the Share button in the lower-left corner, which then opens the Share Sheet. Scroll down and select Hide.
- Then, you need to confirm your decision, so tap Hide. There he is. The selected photo and/or video will now be in your Hidden album.
Use Photos App to View and View Photos
Now that you know how to hide photos, let's look at how to view and unhide photos and videos.
- Again, open the Photos app. Then tap on the Albums tab. On iPad, make sure the sidebar isn't hidden. If it's hidden, click the Sidebar icon in the top-left corner.
- Scroll down until you see a series of albums in the utility section. You'll see an album called Hidden, so proceed by tapping on the album.
- This is where you'll see all your hidden photos and videos (just like when using a regular album). To show the item, continue by selecting the photo or video again. Then, tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner and choose Unhide.
Additional Tips - How to Hide Hidden Album
As you probably know, anyone can still see your hidden photos and videos if they see the location of your hidden albums. However, you can make the album disappear so that it can't be accessed via the Photos app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, then scroll down and tap Photos.
- Again, scroll down and tap the switch next to Hidden Album to disable this feature. Don't worry because your photos and videos won't be deleted, and you can make the Hidden album reappear in the Photos app at any time.
2. Hide Photos and Videos Through the Notes App
If you are looking for a safer way to hide your photos and videos on iOS, then you can use the Notes app for that purpose.
- Open the Photos app and select some photos and videos. Then, tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner. You will see the Share Sheet, where you will then need to tap on Notes.
- A new panel will appear, asking you to choose a location for your notes. You can also add some text (such as a description) if necessary. Once done, go ahead and click Save in the top right corner.
- Open the Notes app and find the note you just created. Open it, then tap the three-dot icon in the top-right corner. This will display a menu at the bottom of the screen. Tap Lock.
- Finally, create a password, verify it and also add instructions. Or, if you have Face ID set up on your device, you can add this layer of security to your locked notes. Remember to store this password in a safe place, as there is no way to recover it. If you forget this password, your locked notes will remain inaccessible. You only have the option to delete it, and that's all you can do.
Hopefully, now you can breathe a sigh of relief because you can hide your private photos from others. You now know how to hide photos and videos on iOS. That's it for this tutorial. Hopefully, it can help you. You can read other tutorials about memory leaks. Don't forget to leave your comments below to share your experiences in following this tutorial. Thank you.